2023 GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity
The 2023 GMC Sierra 1500 maximum towing capacity reaches 13,000 pounds with the available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine, the Max Trailering Package, and 20-inch wheels. This light-duty pickup truck can take on any challenges you’ll encounter on the Lakeland worksite thanks to its exceptional capability. Learn more about what’s needed to reach that GMC Sierra towing capacity and explore towing features that you can use in this truck.
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
The new Sierra 1500 can handle up to 13,000 pounds with the 4WD Crew Cab, Short or Standard Bed, 6.2L V8 engine, and Max Trailering Package. With variety of ways to configure your perfect pickup, you’ll see that they impact the towing capacity. If you pushes the towing capability to the limit, here are all the specs you’ll enjoy in Winterhaven:
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Engine Options for This Towing Capacity: 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Cab Style: Crew Cab
- Wheel Style: 20-inch (downgrading to 18-inch wheels with all else being equal will decrease towing capacity to 11,700 pounds)
You’ll also have access to a payload of up to 1,820 pounds, but if you want the 2023 GMC Sierra 1500 maximum payload, then you’ll enjoy up to 2,500 pounds with the 5.3L V8 engine.
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
Navigate the impressive hauling power with advanced technology and helpful features. Here are some of the features you may enjoy in Aurburndale that will help you tow safely and confidently:
- Max Trailering Package: This package is needed to reach the 13,000-pound towing capacity. It equips your Sierra with a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, an enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: When using Hitch View, the Electronic Parking Brake automatically sets when you put your truck in Park to avoid rolling.
- Trailering Camera Package: This package adds on two side-view mirror cameras to make changing lanes and reversing easier when you have a trailer in tow. It can also be paired with a trailer-mounted camera for greater visibility.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This system adjusts the transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping, depending on which drive mode you’re in.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Control buttons situated on the center console give drivers the ability to manipulate and monitor the trailer brakes.
Find Your Sierra 1500 at Kelley Buick GMC, Inc.
More from Kelley Buick GMC, Inc.
There are lots of good things to say about the inside of the new Acadia. The 2024 GMC Acadia interior colors are incredibly stunning. Additionally, there’s plenty of room for you and your passengers to stretch out. There is an abundance of 2024 GMC Acadia features to list, and we go into the details below,…
The 2024 GMC Acadia is a perfect vehicle for family outings and adventurous trips. More than just a means of transport, the GMC Acadia is an enabler of adventures. Its impressive 2024 GMC Acadia towing capacity can easily handle up to 5,000 pounds. The 2024 GMC Acadia tow package enhances this capability, making it a…
Are you searching for a truck that delivers unparalleled power and reliability in Bartow? The 2024 GMC Sierra HD stands as a testament to strength, particularly for those demanding substantial towing capabilities. This truck, frequently seen on job sites in Lakeland, showcases its robustness with an impressive 2024 GMC Sierra HD towing capacity. Let’s explore…